The procedure for Jamb registration has been modified to improve security and also make information available to candidates. Unlike previous years, Jamb does not allow candidates to use an email address during registration for a reason.
If you have registered for Jamb and don’t know how to link your email address to Jamb, this article gives you a guide on how to go about that. Stay glued.
Why Jamb Stopped The Use of Email Address During Registration
The use of an email address during registration has been altered by Jamb due to the fraudulent activities meted out by some cyber café operators.
Also, according to the Jamb registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, he said “some reasons why Jamb disallows the use of email during registration is because fraudsters can gain access to profiles of these candidates under the pretense of creating an email address for them. They go ahead to change and block the candidates from receiving messages from the board and also extort them afterward “.
To this, the only means of communication during registration is the candidate’s phone number. Although the phone number is not enough access, it can’t be used to access your Jamb profile. You’ll need a valid email address for that purpose.
That said, what can you do with your email address on the Jamb website? Here are a few of them;
- Check your JAMB result
- Print the JAMB Admission letter
- Do JAMB correction of details
- Upload your O’level result
- Access other information sent to you from Jamb
Before learning how to link your email address to Jamb, if you don’t have an active email address, here’s how to go about that. Note that for efficiency, it is best to create a Gmail account.
How To Create A Gmail Account
- Go to your phone browser and visit www.gmail.com
- Click “Create an account”
- The sign-up form will appear.
- Next, enter your first name and last name.
- Enter the password
- Confirm the password and reenter it again.
- Click “Next” to complete your sign-up.
- After that, enter your phone number to verify your account.
- You will receive a text message from Google with a verification code.
- Lastly, you will see a form to enter your personal information, like your name and birthday.
With this, you have successfully created a Gmail account. Do well to keep safe your Gmail password and also address. You should also choose a password and name that you can recall easily.
How To Link Email To JAMB Profile/Portal
Now you have an active email address, follow these steps to link it to your Jamb profile;
- Send the word “Email” with your email address twice to 55019 or 66019. It should look like this, Email email@example.com
- Make sure you use the Sim card you used during registration
- After a few seconds/minutes, you will receive an email from JAMB containing your “Password” details
- With that, you can log in to JAMB CAPS with the email and password you received from JAMB, or click https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./
- Note that this service will cost N50 (fifty Naira) which will be charged from your airtime balance.
If you can not carry out this operation, you can visit any accredited Jamb center within your area to get it done.
That said, here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
Is There A Deadline To Link Your Email To JAMB?
No. There is no deadline, you can always carry out such service at will. Also, note that you can’t access your Jamb CAPS without your email address. In addition this is a piece on when Jamb is starting.
Is Email compulsory for JAMB?
Yes, having an email is compulsory for JAMB, but it is not required during registration. After your registration, you must link your registered JAMB details with your email address.
How Can I Activate My Jamb CAPS?
The only way you can activate your JAMB CAPS is by linking your email address to JAMB, once you have successfully done this, a password will be sent to the email address you linked.
How Do I Know If My Email has been linked to JAMB?
If you followed the steps I’ve given in this article, you can confirm by opening your Gmail app on your phone or Personal computer and checking if you received mail from Jamb.
If you did, it means your linking to the JAMB profile was successful. Simply open the mail to access your password.
Linking your email to Jamb is very important owing to the various benefits and services it offers. If you have registered for Jamb, you’ll need to link your email to your profile, and with the guidelines provided in this article, doing that will be seamless.
Note that you need to keep safe every detail linked to your profile to avoid any fraudulent activity. Also, always check your email app to access any information from Jamb and also monitor activities on your profile.